Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easy Lasagna


This easy no-boil lasagna was a favorite family recipe when I was growing up and is now a favorite with my family. It is so delicious, and I can honestly say it is the best lasagna I have ever eaten. Even the lasagna in Italy doesn't compare to this dish. I have cooked this recipe many times over the years as you can tell by my well-worn cookbook.



Since I like a saucier lasagna, I typically make 1 1/2 times the amount of meat sauce the recipe calls for. I don't think you will be disappointed with this Italian family favorite.


Easy Lasagna

1 lb. ground beef
3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (I use canned spaghetti sauce. It is tasty and inexpensive.)


1/2 cup water
2 cups cottage cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown meat in skillet and drain. Add sauce and water to meat and simmer for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine next 7 ingredients.

Layer meat sauce



Layer noodles

 Layer cheese mixture

 repeat ending with meat sauce and cheese



Cover with foil.
Bake 45-60 minutes.
Remove foil the last 5 minutes to allow the top to lightly brown.


Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment