Friday, September 28, 2012

3 Ingredient No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars



Do you have 10 minutes in the evening to dedicate to making a delicious healthy breakfast? If so, you have to try these bars!

Breakfast is so challenging at my house. My boys do not typically like the same foods for breakfast. My older son enjoys a traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon or sausage, pancakes or waffles. My younger son would rather eat pizza, spaghetti or leftovers from the night before. I have to admit, spaghetti was often on my breakfast plate as a kid, but when I became pregnant with my first child that all changed and from then on I could only eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Spaghetti for breakfast ~ yuck!  Since he will not experience pregnancy, I am hoping puberty hormones will eventually cause him to develop a more mature palate.

These Peanut Butter Bars are AMAZING! I made some last night and served them this morning with fingers crossed. Both boys really liked them! That totally excites me, but what excites me even more is that the bars are healthy too. They were eating oatmeal and they didn't even care! Woohoo! I can't get them to eat oatmeal for anything. So this recipe is definitely a keeper.

I feel a little David Letterman coming on.

Top 10 reasons why you should make this recipe:

10. Only 3 ingredients!
9. 10 min prep time!
8. Both my boys like it so I bet your family will too!
7. Perfect on-the-go food!
6. Customizable ~ add in dried fruit, nuts, or protein powder (for extra flavor and protein)
5. Satisfies longer than sugary cereals, bars, or processed pastries!
4. Oats help lower cholesterol!
3. No baking required!
2. No morning dishes to wash!


and the number one reason you should make these bars 

  1. Your kids will be eating oatmeal and loving it!
Buon Appetito!

3 Ingredient No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
source: www.food.com 
prep: 10 min
bake: 0 min
yield: 12 bars
calories: 281
fat: 12.2


1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup honey*
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal*

  1. Put peanut butter and honey in a heavy saucepan and heat on low until thoroughly combined and becomes a liquid consistency. 
  2. Mix in oats and stir. 
  3. Press into a 9 x 9 inch pan. 
  4. Cover and let set overnight. 


*for gluten free, use gluten free oats
*for clean eating, use raw honey

7 comments:

  1. Found this on Pinterest, can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these! They are really good, even warm! They press down really nice into the pan! I am never very good at cutting pieces into the same sizes...so I decided to use a star cookie cutter! They look super cute...I am sure they will be delicious in the morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick oats or regular?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe came from a cool lady. Her web site is The Joy of Cooking. It really won't make a big difference in this recipe. But since I'm always, always more health conscious, I used reg. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the cals per a serving or the whole patch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do they need to be in the fridge

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I don't put mine in the fridge. However I would like to say it is very hard not to eat the whole pan!!! They are so good; )

    ReplyDelete