Monday, October 24, 2011

Spooky Treats-Repost

This is a repost from last Halloween. These treats were fun to make and super easy. The kids loved them!



My son Collin talked me into hosting a costume party for his friends. I really didn't mind doing it, and of course I enjoyed making the treats. I know one day he will be grown so I better enjoy it while I can.

I googled Halloween treats and found several cute ideas.

Eyeball Fondant Cupcakes
I had some white fondant circles that I had made awhile back (thankfully fondant lasts a long time) so I used them to make toppers for cupcakes. I used M&Ms for the pupil and red icing in a tube for the veins.





Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies
These little guys gave me some trouble, but they were so worth it. They are just Nutter Butter cookies dipped in white chocolate. Last night I tried to make them and attempted to melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, and I scorched the chocolate. Since it was about 11:00 pm and I couldn't go to the store, I tried to make icing to dip them in, but that didn't work either. So today I went to the store and got more white chocolate chips. This time I used a double broiler to melt the chocolate. I had to add about a 1/2 cup Crisco to 2 (12 oz) bags of white chocolate to get it liquid enough so I could dip the cookies. It took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but figured out that the best way to dip them is to submerge them in the white chocolate, and then scoop them out with a fork tapping it on the side of the pan to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. For the eyes, I used mini chocolate chips and pinched off the tip and placed them tip side down.




Witches Fingers

These witches' fingers are too easy. It is simply mozzarella cheese sticks with sliced almonds on the end. I cut a little of the cheese off before placing the almond on, and then put slits in the cheese for knuckles.


 


Hot Dog Mummies

My sweet friend Christy made these hot dog mummies. They are hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls with dots of mustard for the eyes. They are too cute and really good too!!




Frozen Hand Punch

I looked for a Halloween punch, but most of the recipes called for dry ice. Since we can't get dry ice here that wasn't an option. I found this idea for frozen hand punch and knew that is what I wanted to make. I was really easy to do.

I filled a rubber glove with a mixer of water and grape juice and closed the glove with a rubber band then put in the freezer. The punch was orange cream sherbet and ginger ale. Just combine any flavor sherbet and ginger ale. Remove glove from frozen hand and place in punch. 


The Spread


Hope you have a funfilled weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment