Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mexican Dip



I apologize that I haven't been consistently posting recipes lately. I am currently taking four accelerated college classes, so I have been a little busy. My write ups will probably be short and sweet until two of my classes end on November 7.

I am excited to share this yummy Mexican Dip recipe with you! I got this from a good friend when we lived in Meridian, MS. She now lives in Texas, and I am in Italy, but thanks to Facebook we can still keep in touch. I am so thankful for the friends all over the world that the Lord has brought into my life. Each new friend makes my life so much richer, and I am truly grateful!



Mexican Dip

2 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
¾ cup mayo (I use light)
3 T. taco seasoning
2 green onions, sliced (set aside 2 T. for topping)
1 cup diced red bell pepper
¾ cup salsa
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained

Combine cream cheese, mayo, and seasoning until smooth. Set about 1 cup aside, spread the rest on bottom of serving dish and about ½ way up sides. Slice green onions and set aside 2 T. for top. Combine green onion, red bell pepper, salsa, garlic, beans, and corn. Spread ½ of salsa mixture over cream cheese layer. Repeat both layers. Sprinkle 2 T. green onions on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment