Saturday, May 21, 2011

Easy Chicken Pot Pie


Don't you just love the all-in-one printers we have these days. Printer, fax machine, copier, and scanner capability in the same machine. It's genius. I remember when we first got our all-in-one printer, I LOVED it. The copier option was my favorite. No more running to the library or office supply store to make copies. It was great! I don't use the fax capability much at all, but the other three options I use all the time. So I would be just as content without the fax machine, which would make it a three-in-one printer instead of an all-in-one printer.  

I think of this Chicken Pot Pie dish as an all-in-one dish. It includes the meat, veggies, and the crust which could take the place of dinner rolls or bread. The only thing that is not included is the dessert, and depending on whether or not you usually eat dessert with your meals, it may be a three-in-one recipe just like my printer. This recipe is one that my mom used to make often while I was growing up. It is so easy and really delicious. Since it calls for frozen pie shells for the crust there is no mixing or rolling of dough, and canned or frozen vegetables make this dish a snap to prepare.


Chicken Pot Pie


3 to 4 chicken breasts or whole chicken, cooked and deboned
1 can Veg-all vegetables, drained
1 small box broccoli, cooked and drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
¾ cup milk
2 pie crusts (Pillsbury frozen in a box)

Put one pie crust in the bottom of a large pie pan. Mix together other ingredients and put into pie shell. Top with second pie crust and pinch closed. Bake at 350 for one hour to one hour and 10 minutes. Check after one hour and cook until browned.

It's that easy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment